Sunday, January 08, 2006

Multi-tasking

Last night I ate a yoghurt whilst sitting on the loo*.

Although I didn't know it at the time, I guess reading the newspaper on the loo was the first step.

To be frank, it's quite a novelty to be going the loo without my entourage (The Son and The Daughter). So I tend to get rather excited when it is a solitary affair and I start to harbour all manner of crazy notions.

Like the yoghurt thing.

I can't say I planned it. But I had decided to retire early (leaving The Husband watching 'Downfall' on Sky Plus - goodness! who can face something like that on a Saturday night?) and I could think of no more thrilling way to spend my pre-slumber minutes than with a Yeo Valley organic fat free rhubarb yoghurt and a book.

I got to the bathroom, sat myself on the loo and thought: 'Hey! I could speed things along a little by eating the yoghurt now, so the book-reading can commence as soon as I get into bed. Bingo!'

Or maybe that should have been: 'Eureka!'.

It occurred to me that it is exactly this sort of multi-tasking that we women are supposed to be so skilled at.

Well done us!

Anyhoo. Off to bed I sloped to snuggle up in my brushed cotton jimjams with my book when I realised I would need to go back to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Blast.

* it was a Number One, thank you very much (one has one's standards)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home